Ex-contractor and furniture worker Todd Clippinger provides excellent tips for designing and being inspired.
- Expose Yourself to More Designs and Ideas
- Understanding Space and Dimensions
- Getting a sense of Volume
- Art Galleries and Museums
- Make Connections with Other Artists
- Tendency to gravitate towards like minded people
- Keep a Record of your Design and Ideas
- See with a Creative Eye
- Capturing an essence
- Gaining an Impression
Notice that the principles remain the same even for contractor work. Nudge design behaves no differently. I was tasked to expose myself to various photographs to discover inspiration for my logo, and record any influential portion of the design process into a PowerPoint presentation.
So remember, if you’re ever stuck in finding inspiration for your design, stick to the foundations!